[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP password question

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:39:55 +0100

Bil,

I would like to know how to do this. My experience is that if the drive
has been formatted NTFS then you can't even access the NTFS drive from a
FAT32 boot. I suppose you could convert the system from NTFS to FAT32
using a DOS utility, change the password (as you describe below) and if
desired convert the FAT32 back to NTFS.

David Lessard
Alexandria Electronics
Alexandria, Ontario