[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP password question

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bil Green <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:37:51 -0700

Forgot to mention that deleting the SAM file is a tried and proven
procedure and a new, empty SAM file will be created when Windows
is rebooted.

A simpler method would be to boot ERD Commander 2003 and simply
change the password. This CD is simply amazing. I have fixed so
many Windows problems using it. Boots an XP like Windows system
right off the CD (not the hard drive).

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green