[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP Stalls @ Desktop

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Technotronic Dimensions <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:25:23 -0700

Thanks Steve,

Looks like a good one (85% Thumbs up - 222 votes). I'll give it a try
(if unplugging the USB hard drive, as just recommended by another
tech doesn't help).

Here's what Download.com has to say about Spyware Doctor:

"The program runs scans much more quickly than other popular products,
yet turned up much the same results."

Download.com Review of Spyware Doctor

With its quick scanning and multiple tools that stop the spread of
malware before it starts, Spyware Doctor provides a welcome addition
to your anti-spyware arsenal. The well-designed interface makes
getting started a breeze. The program can perform a number of scans,
including Quick Scan, which blazes through common trouble spots such
as IE cache files. The immunizer function protects your system from
known evildoers. Another feature we like is OnGuard Protection, which
runs from the taskbar and alerts you immediately if trouble is found.
The program runs scans much more quickly than other popular products,
yet turned up much the same results. Unfortunately, the program
doesn't provide much additional information about components that it
finds, and in our test scans it put a green icon next to known
malware such as eZula and Apropros, seeming to indicating that they
were not a threat. However, it did remove them, something other
spyware removers had trouble with. Spyware Doctor gave us good
results quickly, although the lack of information about what it
finds makes the program best suited for more experienced computer
users.

         Bil Green
          PC 1000
  Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546