[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:19 -0500

NO...No..No...
Unless your programs (new) require it.
I consider it Microsoft Spyware.

One case in point..I had been running a DVD copying  program for a
couple of years...never had a problem reproducing them.
After SP-2 was installed...started telling me that this is Copywrited
Material I'm trying to copy.

Uninstalled SP-2 and it was OK.

SP-2 does next to nothing for the User, that I can see.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada