[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP Question.

  • From: Bil Green <magpulser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Damon <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:11:49 -0800

Hi Damon,

If you are sharing files between the 2 computer I think you're OK
without some of those services. You can always turn them back on.
I have a longer list, but I think this one covers the most
important services to disable. You can get rid of Smart card
services too (used by the military).

Services are located at Control Panel - Administrative Tools

Easiest way to disable is to double click a service, Click
"Startup Type", select "Disable", then "OK"

Bil

PC 1000
M-Pulse 5000 magnetic pulse generator
http://magpulser.com