[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP Home.

  • From: "Damon" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:29:25 -0500

Oh this stuff was sneaky.....Msconfig had a Newdot line in it. Disable it
and suddenly another Active Newdot would appear....I had to activate
Msconfig's Diagnostic setting (loads minimal drivers) then run Spybot and
ACE utilities (thanks Bil), then run Regedit and Delete New.Dot and Newdot
and Newdot6 and.........
Finally nothing popped up....but I don't think I MANUALLY removed
Newdot6_38.dll.....several spybot references identified that, and a Search
didn't find it.......
Sneaky bastard software!!
Make me spend 3 hours today, and several hours before that finding
you.....you bastard software you....
Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN