[TechAssist] Why the document download procedure?

  • From: Tech Assist <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:58:14 -0500

Why the document download procedure you ask?

Hello All,
    Believe it or not (now I sound like Ripley huh?) the reason we just
do not open all of the files allays to all members is really quite
simple, although we never explained it.
  Over the years we have collected many a gigabyte of service literature
from the members willing to help one another. The reason we just do not
allow open access to all of the files 24hrs a day is quite simple. The
server that the files are located on would crash in no time. Hundreds of
members all trying to download huge files all at the same time would
just be too much for the poor little computer server to handle.
   The procedure we came up with requires us to dole out downloads in a
controlled manner to reduce loads on the server. Since we here are not
Yahoo or Google, and we do not have a quarter of a million dollars worth
of bandwidth to work with, we came up with this method as a workable
alternative.
    Please do not reply to this email but reply to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Thank you all for listening and helping one another.

--

J. Knoll  TechAssist Monitor
TechAssist