[TechAssist] Re: When I grow out....I wanna be a....

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:16:23 -0500

Things associated with retirement! Electronic/electrical maintenance for
retirement homes, assisted living homes, nursing homes. They have more and
more electronic stuff - smoke detectors, emergency alert devices, electric
mobility equipment, exercise and theraputic equipment.  Rent the homes
computers with internet access so that the residents can search for and buy
things on line because there is hardly any other way for them to get stuff.
And hold classes to teach them how to use it to do so. They might want one
or more computers for all the residents to use and the ones that get
addicted would want one in their own room.
Make deals to be the favored servicer for the homes, with your bill just
added to the residents monthly bill. Offer to equip the tvs with infra red
earphones that recharge on the transmitter stand, for a rental fee. The
residents are usually hard of hearing so in the evening the tvs are on with
the audio at full blast. and they still cant hear it clearly, but they can
with earphones. The ones that can hear are driven crazy by all the noise
from the other rooms. The earphones need to be rechargable because old
fingers find replacing the little batteries impossible and because they
forget to turn them off.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave