[TechAssist] Re: What size Air carry tank

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:52:13 -0400

I bought a roll around compressor with 8 gal tank for around $129.00 USD
at Harbor frieght. Works good. It does deplete the tank rather fast on
a  dirty TV, so I think 8 gal is a minimum.
This reminds me of a bad experience with AVW chemical co:
I used to buy canned air, and other chemicals from AVW in Ft.
lauderdale, Fl. until one of their canned foam computer cleaner sprays
developed a pin hole leak in the bottom of the  can (defective can)and
dumped contents all over my PC tower overnight,leaking into the
tower,internal drives,cables, and mother board. Damaged it. Called them
at once.AVW placed a pick up UPS order on the can-fast...then said to go
get a local estimate from a PC repairman and they would "go from
there".. I did. It was totalled. Faxed reports,statements,quotes and
invoice from the consultant/repairman to AVW.
After a dozen calls to them and as many faxes,(only two return calls to
me) not only did they not reimburse me on my system, but stuck me to pay
the PC tech shop's diagnostics service ($70.00) they requested. It was
always "we will get back with you. we're working on it- our management
needs to discuss it in their next meeting..."
In my last call, "Mr. Swann" said he "might" offer me a "hundred bucks"
total.
I said great- that covers the diagnostic service bill YOU requested I
get, and a whole $30.00 extra for my destroyed tower.  I countered with
a reasonable offer- I purchased a refurbed tower to get me running, and
asked AVW to at least cover half the expense along with the 70.00 bill:
$337.49 total. We would both share the burden...Faxed that letter to him.
I never heard another word, nor any further "sales" calls.
Damages happened May 4,2004. Last correspondence with them was July 30,2004.
I have a thick folder of letters and invoices from this deal.I document
everything.
 I never dealt with any company  as "slick" and unethical (in my
opinion) in my almost 30 years in business.
Needless to say,although I have been a good cash paying customer with
AVW for years,purchasing only case lots, I will not deal with them ever
again.
Bad experience.
 I will use other brands, and my compressor.
Phil Bader

John @ Myers TV wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm planning to buy a air carry tank for the shop. It would be used for
>blowing off chassis, etc.
>
>Are any of you using one of these? is the small 5 gallon size adequate, or
>is it better to go with the larger 6 or 7 gallon sizes?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Myers
>Myers TV Service        Since 1984
>Alliance, OH
>ph 330-821-6545
>myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>www.myerstv.net

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx