[TechAssist] Re: What do you charge?

  • From: Joe Batchelor <jbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:23:00 -0600

I do not answer the phone for free.

The customer has to pay for my answering the phone.

If you have a store front with rent, lights, insurance, phones, etc
the cost to open the door each day is about $800.  This will vary
with location and size of the shop, but is a good reference.

If you work out of your bedroom, with the wife paying the rent, lights etc
then the cost is much less.

Often a good technician goes into business thinking he will get rich,
without knowing how to calculate the cost of doing business.

Be sure you can calculate the cost of doing business before trying to
run your own shop.

Joe Batchelor CET TX 80