[TechAssist] Re: Westinghouse VCR WVCR-67002

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:51:48 -0700

Ed,

The problem is probably the light source or a broken prism, but I usually
replace the source and the end sensors.  Electro Sound sells both for
$0.80 each (quantity 10).  Total bench time, about 30 minutes.

Sucess rate is high.  Price--is it worth it?  That depends on what you
pay the tech who does it, your overhead, your work backlog, and your
customer's faith in your recommendations.  It's getting tougher and
tougher to repair VCR's, especially the sub-$100 units from Korea and
China.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

----------------------

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:33:36 -0700 "Tel-Tek Electronics"
<teltek@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Guys what are the sucess rate on thes cheapie VCR for a
> repair..before your
> in the price of a new one.
> I have one here....insert tape....push play, plays for about 5
> seconds and
> shuts off. Have cleaned the mode switch and the connector ribbon
> under the
> VCR.
> Does the same in F/F and Rewind.
>

> Thanks....