[TechAssist] Re: Websites-Uploads and Downloads.

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 07:04:02 -0600

Perry this would take an email several feet long to explain!
I can tell you a few things now since you posted it (and in
case anyone else is wondering), if you have anymore questions
please email me off list and I'll try to answer them.

First I hope you are not still paying $20 a month since you
can't do anything to it.  That also is very expensive, unless
you have state of the art features available to you and a TON
of storage space.  If the site is only five pages, you could
use a free host.  Only the hosting company can tell you
EXACTLY how to edit/upload your pages so you'll have to ask
them that about how to get access.  As far as a 'hard drive
it's stored on', if you mean where the data resides that
visitors see when your site is visited, that of course is the
host.  When you edit a page, or upload something, it is
"FTP'd" to that hard drive (uploaded via File Transfer
Protocol).  Then, if you know nothing about the HTML language
code that makes webpages 'webpages', that's something you
have to learn and it unfortunately cannot be taught in an
email.  To see HTML code, go to any website and right click a
blank area of the page and 'view source'.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com