[TechAssist] Wards tv (aka Zenith) remote problem: update

  • From: <wjstv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:36:25 -0500

This is a Wards tv Signature 2000 made by Zenith and uses a 9-1154 module.
Tv works fine but does not respond to remote. We tried another remote
receiver but it didn't help. Appears to have signal coming from remote
receiver and into microprocessor. Microprocessor is 221-710-02.

Update: We tried a universal remote with a Ward's code other than the
standard Zenith code and remote works. So, as several techs suggested, the
tv is in private label setting.

We entered the factory menu, but menu does not have the "Zenith/PL" (private
label setting) choice.

Jeff Smith
Smith TV Service
1930 Main St