[TechAssist] Re: Wards Signature 2000 TV Model MWM2553Y

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:41:30 -0500

Steve,
I've seen all kinds if different color problems in these Zenith CRT's. Does
this unit have a Zenith module
listed inside?
If the drive resistors are OK, I would bet a bad CRT and a CRT tester would
confirm this. I got mine for
$70 off E-Bay a few years ago and it works great. Tests each gun in these CRT's.
If you send the module number, I can see what I have for that module. Your
voltages are close enough,
another clue the problem is the CRT. I've fixed a few of these by just messing
the with CRT socket,
evidently cleaning the carbon off the pins and making for a brighter picture.
Tritronics sells a brightener that would probably lengthen the life of that
CRT, but I would give no
warranty on it.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR