[TechAssist] Re: WARRANTY

  • From: "DOCVIDEO" <DOCVIDEO@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:33:12 -0800

Didn't know I had to explain my warranty conditions, but here goes....

That' right...spend $15.00 now or spend a lot more later....besides they
understand
that the main problem they had was from rewinding. So by not rewinding and
purchasing
a dual direction re-winder it saves them money...also it is a little more
involved
than just buy or not get warranty....
When I show them how much damage has been done buy doing it they all agree to
the
warranty.....
Burnt upper drum
Dried out capstan bearings [ if their lucky and not have to replace
bearings/bushings]
Idler drive gear clutch  wore and slipping.
Idler warped from the heat...
Center LED having heat applied and weakening
on those RCA /Hitachi drive gear blocks on bottom, having cracks on ....all the
gear
post retainers....warping the whole block so will not engage to load and eject
properly....
Also tell them when renting tapes to bring home and place in dual direction
re-winder
and advance for 10-15 sec. to clear most of the dirty & damaged tape that has
been
eaten in someone else's VCR.... so tape path will stay cleaner longer.

Yea ..buy the a dual direction re-winder or don't complain when you have to pay
for
it all over again within a year.....
Have had only one customer ever tell me he is going to keep rewinding after
explaining the wear it causes.....all others have thanked me for telling them
about
it..AND.. agree with why I will not honor the warranty if it is rewound to death
again.

MONTE MONCRIEF
BAKERSFIELD, CA.
DOCVIDEO@xxxxxxxxxx