[TechAssist] Re: Virus not seen by Norton

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:41:27 -0500

Ken,
Make sure you check for new definitions today. I'm not sure when the one to
include this new variant was entered.
I do not spell out the word v*rus because some email list will bounce an
email with that word in it.
It's name was Badtrans.B@mm. The attachment was some kind of DOC, I forget
it's name, and the actual extension was PIF.
Problem is, you do not see this unless you attempt to forward the email. All
you see is a text file as an attachment.

Jeff
mailto:Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  www.9-11-2001tragedy.com
FAX 1-413-280-0677
Intrepid Video & Electronics