[TechAssist] ViewSonic PT810 Monitor

  • From: "Cantech Electronics" <cantechelectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:13:24 -0700

I replaced C353 in two units.  One works fine now, the other has "no video".
No OSD, faint color bars in background.  Proper input is changeable and is
selected.  Pic tube "tests good".  I 'scoped signals to pic tube pins and all
voltages are the same on both units, EXCEPT a red lead coming from the flyback
pin 10 through D406 marked "MV" that has a 35v signal on it, and a 6v sawtooth
pattern on the G2 pin.  This pattern is only present when signal applied to
monitor.  Remove the cable, and it disappears immediately.  The bad monitor
doesn't have these patterns.  It appears the pattern comes from the MV lead and
changes to the sawtooth at the G2.  I can't see how this AC pattern comes from
pin 10 tho....... G2 has +680v and MV has +870v on both units.  I changed D406
as it measured poorly, but that has nothing to do with the "ac" signal.
Thanks in advance  Any help appreciated!

charlie bacon
cantech electronics