[TechAssist] Re: Video games, any money

  • From: "Jeff F" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:10:18 -0600

I agree on the Pinball and video arcade point.  People with more and more
expendable incomes are putting games in their den areas--and are looking for
people to maintain them.  Put an AD out to do maintenence--clean
relays--change bulbs--clean playfield etc.  I wouldn't take less than $150
for that alone.  Any repairs beyond that are extra.  Definatly sell rubbers
EVERY time going out.  The kits can make an extra $50 labor and $20 for the
parts.  I may be out of line for prices but----HEY---see if they can find
someone else.  Most of the retail game places are hurtin for qualified techs
too.

BTW.  I understand that there are only 9000 tv techs left in the country?
What if we organized and had a strike? (just tv techs)  I wonder if the
President would order us back to work---LOL--kidding of course.  Could you
imagine the wailing?--not all from the consumers, but from the manufacturers
having to exchange umpteen millions of dollars of crapola cause they
couldn't get it fixed.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi