[TechAssist] Venturer,mod#RTS2628V,P/B problems

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:12:11 -0400

This DVD-VCR combo manf. July 2002,would not play audio or DVD disc's.I
noticed that the lazer assy seem to have intermittent operation,ie sometimes
it would try to focus & the disc would spin,other times it would do nothing
& no spin of disc.The ribbon cable connecting the lazer optics assy to the
main DVD pcb looked damaged.I ordered a new ribbon cable from ALCO in
Markham who are the parts dist. for Venturer.Replacing the ribbon cable
cured the intermittent but the unit will only play audio cd,s.Is there a
service menu to self align these units.There are 2 pots on the lazer assy
marked DVD & CD but would like to know if anyone has info on these Venturer
units before I try adjusting the DVD pot.When trying to play any DVD the
disc spins but display comes up ''no disc''.Yes I did clean the
Don of HARTS-TVCR''ASC''
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Can,E2V3N2
hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tel-5063579785,fax-3576010