[TechAssist] Re: VCR, NEC N906U wont hold stations

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:41:06 -0400

I have "archived" all my NEC manuals and buryed them in my warehouse to
discourage me from even attempting to repair one. Going from memory,
capacitors in the demodulator would dry out and cause problems like this.
The AGC and AFC caps were low values like 0.47 to 2,2 electrolytics.
Considering the age of the unit lots of the electrolytics will probably
check poor on ESR.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave