[TechAssist] Re: Update#2! RCA 61" hdtv P61310, DTV307GA, fans "kick" once, otherwise dead]

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:45:58 -0400

How is this the government's fault?
In a free enterprise system, the government's supposed to stay out of  it.
The customer has done this to himself.

I remember when the cheap Jap/junk TVs showed up here. My customers used to
tell me they would never buy one of those pieces of junk. The next time they
went to buy a new TV, the drugstore on the corner with the cheap Jap TV got
the sale and the dealer with the more expensive American brand went out of
business. Ditto for the Jap cars made out of "beer can tin".

Both those items were truly cheap junk when introduced to the American
market. The money they made selling the cheap junk enabled them to improve
the product to be more than competitive with American manufacturers.

The American consumer speaks with forked tongue. Mouth says; won't buy cheap
junk. Action says otherwise.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH