[TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:37:29 -0400

Any OS is childs play without the proper safeguards. however, Linux, like
Unix is VERY security oriented. You can't use it AT ALL without a user
account and password.  If you properly set up and compartmentalize the file
system, a hacker woul have a real hard time with it. They would probably
give up and look for an unprotected windows machine.
By the way, many government labs use linux these days for the added
security. Done properly, and the password protocols observed (like don't use
personal info as a password), linux is much better at being secure than
windows will ever be.
I don't know where you got your information, but I would suggest that you
might give www.Linux.org a look.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550

Factory authorized
service for over 20
major brands.
845 561 8383

ALWAYS use a firewall and virus protection-no matter what OS you have!