[TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: becyn <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:46:22 -0700

b> Right, but when the cd is booted and the recovery console comes up, the
b> recovery sytem is accessable as a menu item. This is necessary if you can't
b> get a stable desktop environment to use programs> Accessories > System Tool.

Exactly. And after replacing the current registry with the backup
from the Repair folder you can then boot up (if the registry was the
problem) and find a much newer registry (backed up daily by System
Restore) to install (using the RC just once more).

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

b> Right, but when the cd is booted and the recovery console comes up, the
b> recovery sytem is accessable as a menu item. This is necessary if you can't
b> get a stable desktop environment to use programs> Accessories > System Tool.

b> Jim McVey
b> McVey Alltronix
b> 327 Broadway
b> Newburgh N.Y. 12550

b> Factory authorized
b> service for over 20
b> major brands.
b> 845 561 8383
b> ----- Original Message -----
b> From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
b> To: "becyn" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
b> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 5:11 PM
b> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

>> It's in Programs > Accessories > System Tool
>> But the Recovery Console needs to be booted up from the Windows CD,
>> unless you install it on your system - good thing. Then there will
>> be a boot menu just before Windows starts:
>>
>> "Microsoft Windows XP Home"
>> "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console"
>>

>> Bil Green
>> PC 1000
>> Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
>> 760-924-1000
>>
>> Monday, October 4, 2004, 1:48:09 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> b> Am I mistaken to say that restore is accessable from the 'console"
b> menu?
>> b> There's a whole laundry list of stuff to chose from.
>>
>> b> Jim McVey
>> b> McVey Alltronix
>> b> 327 Broadway
>> b> Newburgh N.Y. 12550
>>
>> b> Factory authorized
>> b> service for over 20
>> b> major brands.
>> b> 845 561 8383
>> b> ----- Original Message -----
>> b> From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> b> To: "becyn" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> b> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 2:19 PM
>> b> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Unusual FIX for XP

>> b> which
>> b> the
>> b> option is

>> b> -