[TechAssist] Re: UPDATE Panasonic PT47WX49E Chassis DP820 Hi voltage come up and shuts down immediately

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:00:32 -0800 (PST)

Good morning group:

As recommended by Jeff Dougherty Tips came from Tech Repair CD

1. Unplugged yokes one at a time. Nothing changed. Tip said Green

 yoke.

2. Check C524 out of circuit. Checked good.

3. Checked R860, R857 and R858. All good

     As recommended by Robert from H&H Electronics

Change STK392-110. No change.

     After closer examination of the circuit board, the one on

the left when looking in the back. The one with the convergence

IC?s, dual tuner and a ton of SM IC?s. The only numbers I could

find that might be the board number is TNPH0370. Anyway something

has been spilled onto the board. It was all gummed up in-between

the SM IC pins. Tried cleaning it with board wash. Did not help.

     Looks like board replacement time. I called Try-State Module

 and they are not set-up to work on them yet. Did say they would

be in about month. Might keep that in mind.

     Called Panasonic about the board and they put it in research.

 Haven?t hear back from them. Know it has to be expensive.

     Ernie from Valley TV was trying to download the manual from

Panasonic website. Must not have had any luck.

     I guess I am on hold till I get the schematic or a new board.

Thanks

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Panasonic PT47WX49E Chassis
DP820 Hi voltage come up and shuts down immediately. Could use a schmatic. Any
one have any tips or a schmatic I could use.

http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".