[TechAssist] Re: Trouble with new MSI 52X CDRW in my PC

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:05:39 -0700

Phil,

I assume this drive is in addition to existing CD drive because it is
labeled as drive E. First of all, was the jumper on the new drive set to
Slave because it was added as E drive. It should be set to Slave do to the
way the drive designations are assigned.  It was obviously placed on the
Primary IDE as the Slave (second) drive (with the HD is Master as drive C).
Secondary IDE as the old CD drive as Master (drive D).  As for multiple
drivers delete all but one and reboot to recognize it. Windows sometimes
insist on loading its own generic drivers if proper driver not installed
properly the first time and loads wrong driver without letting you choose. I
usually just clean out all drivers for it and choose Do Not Scan for the
Hardware Installed and choose the drive you want to install, then Have Disk.
If your disk has more than one driver on it, highlight the proper one and
finish the installation.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA