[TechAssist] Transistor Question

  • From: "Bill McFarland" <billmcfarland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:55:52 -0700

Hello all,

I have a question.

I have done this for years but since I have a forum to ask questions like this
one I am interested in hearing other opinions.
I ask this question only to make my self better at what I do. If I find that
what I have been doing is wrong or suspect I will gladly change it. So please
be gentle if I am wrong. (Remember we are all in this together...Ever watch Red
Green?)

I am in need of HOT Part number on the Transistor is 610597 (Philips part)
I crossed it to a NTE2353.
I have in stock a 2SD1881 which I know from past experience also crosses to a
NTE2353
The mounting will be all the same so I wont have to worry about that.

I will more then likely install the 2SD1881.

My question is this. What is the viability of this thought process?

If they both cross to the same NTE is it fair to "ASSUME" they have the same
basic specs?

I am just wondering? Like I said been doing this for years. But that means
nothing.

so be gentle!

Good luck, God Bless
Bill McFarland