[TechAssist] Re: Trade Photofacts

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:11:25 -0500

My local public library has TV service manuals. They are located in the
refernce section, meaning the public is not allowed to borrow the
manuals. I guess that means either the technician has to carry all his
test equipment and the broken TV set into the library to work on it, or
to use the photocopier to make copies of the schematics. I vote for the
photocopier.

This brings up another topic. Why would a library have a photocopier
anyhow? Seems to me there are about 100,000 books and magazines in there
that are all copyright protected. The photocopier is located out in the
open where anyone with 15 cents can copy anything, no restrictions. I
think the library copyright cops should be ready to arrest anyone on the
spot, breaking the law!!!

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7