[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba27", TAC8949 chassis, model CX29679, weird problems.FIXED (I think)

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:18:48 -0700

I had this TV misdiagnosed from the start!  I found a bad connection on
Q181 which supplies 13.9 volts to other circuits, probably the uP.  This
transistor is found in the horizontal section but is part of the power
supply.  So far on test it is working fine--it is very possible this one
bad connection had caused all my various symptoms that made it look like
it was the microprocessor.  Oh well, live and learn.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx