[TechAssist] Toshiba model # 36A41 chassis tac0102 no horizontal sync

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:03:08 -0500

This tv was struck by lightning, evident because it originally wouldn't come
on. I found a shorted transistor in the relay circuit. Now that the set comes
on it seems to operate normally accept there is no horizontal sync or even
vertical sync. It does tune and has good audio. It looks like the RCA ctc177
when the horizontal phase is missadjusted. I don't have a diagram and haven't
scene one of these chassis yet. Being it has 2 separate problems I believe it
was lightning and am wondering if the eeprom in these are anything like the
CTC177. Can these be adjusted or must I change the eeprom. If anyone thinks it
is not likely the eeprom let me know. I may have to get a diagram on this one.
Thanks for any input.

Jason
Moutons Electronics