[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba dvd SD-2109U Stops playing after 20 minutes

  • From: Randy Evans <tvsvc2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:47:34 -0800 (PST)

Although I'm not an ASC for Toshiba, I have a friend that works for a Toshiba
ASC, and this is what he told me ...............

There are software/firmware upgrades for that model but they do not resolve
freezing issues. Your symptom is usually caused by a weak laser assembly.
Cost of repair would exceed the value of unit.

Randy Evans
VCR SERVICE
708 Linwood Street
Delta, Ohio  43515
alltv <alltv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Group,
This unit came in with laser motor drive gear broken. Replaced and worked ok
for a while. Now
stops playing after 20 minutes. I checked some surface mount caps on signal
board. and I notice IC 502 gets hot(It might be normal), when I let it cool
down I can get still picture only.
Any repair tips for this problem will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance

Ken Dinckan
email to : alltv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
All Tv&Appliance Service