[TechAssist] Toshiba TP55D80 - convergence issue

  • From: "KenyD" <ken.dyche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:20:52 -0400

We were called into the house on the unit for a convergence problem.
Assuming it was going to be a simple STK issue, we brought them along with a
bunch of 2 and 3 watt resistors.  The problem is specifically with the BLUE
HORIZONTAL convergence.  There is a slight linearity problem and minor
pincushion prob (bowed in) on the left and a major pin prob (bowed in) on
the right.

So we went ahead and changed the STK's, checked all the power resistors (all
were good) and checked the set...what else would you expect...same fault.

Nobody has tampered with the front pots and adjusting them doesn't give
enough range either.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance;
Ken Dyche
Mississauga T.V. Inc. (est. 1952)
Mississauga, Ontario