[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TP50F61, EXT speaker damage

  • From: "Gonzalo Arrivas" <gna2000@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:21:45 +0000

Jeff,

I happen everytime, people hooking up external speakers with the unit on.
It will blow the output chips so fast if the speaker lead touches.
The output chip is directly coupled to the speakers with voice coil as the
load impedance. Check all the pico fuses too.

G.N.Arrivas CET Pittsburg, CA
http://www.etechhelponline.com

>From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Toshiba TP50F61, EXT speaker damage
>Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:00:11 -0500
>

>Hello,
>I received a call from the previous customer. It seems now they hooked
>external speakers up to this PTV and now the set will not come on, or if
>it does, there is no audio/video.
>I always figured the only way to damage these was if there was an AMP
>hooked up and it was too powerful. Could the speakers have damaged this
>set if the wires were reversed? If so, would it take out the video,
>also?
>I appreciate all opinions.
>Thank you.
>
>Jeff