[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TP48E61

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:09:50 -0500

With that model, the convergence output ICs (STK392-110) will short and
cause the set to go into protection. Those ICs have been by far the most
common problem I've run in to on these newer Toshiba sets.
I don't remember the location numbers, but there are three higher wattage
resistors (2-3watt) at each output IC. You can monitor the DC voltage on the
end that connects to the IC and see what happens when you try to turn the
set on. If any resistor has a DC voltage that jumps up over 1 volt before
the set turns off, then you have a defective IC. I always replace both of
them.
Good Luck,
Corey Brazell