[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba LCD projector model TLP-MT2U, lamp flashes on/off

  • From: "D PANDAY" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:12:01 -0400

Your lamp power supply is very critical.
Few manufactures will sell you the lamp with the power supply for
one price.
I think the problem is with the High Voltage supply for the
lamp.If you have the service manual, check to see if parts are
available to component level repairs. If not, you will have to order a new
supply.
The lamp that was replaced by the customer is Toshiba original!
Make sure it is the correct lamp.
Most of the time, the LED indicator is correct.
Hope it helps.
Panday

>From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Toshiba LCD projector model TLP-MT2U, lamp flashes
>on/off
>Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:22:19 -0500
>

>Would anyone have any idea what the problem may be with this unit, when
>turned on the lamp will flash on/off 3 or 4 times then the lamp led turns
>on
>indicating a lamp problem. The lamp was replaced by the customer prior to
>bringing it in and it was doing the same with the original lamp. I have no
>experience on LCD projectors so I haven't checked much of anything yet.
>Thanks,
>Jim Myers
>Since 1972
>Telrad Electronic Services Co.
>Fort Wayne, IN 46815
>jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx
>260-432-4486 Fax and Voice
>Fax is always on

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>   http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Panday