[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba LAPTOP - Nothing but Vertical LINES

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 02:09:22 -0700

Hi George,

I finally got it apart (keyboard, grounding plate, all kinds of stuff
had to come off first). Now back to deciding whether or not the LCD
display needs to be replaced. Someone said that when there is no video
or a screen filed with random colored vert. lines that the processing
board is probably bad (don't know how to check that).

The video is fine with an external monitor

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 PC 1000