[TechAssist] Toshiba DVD/VCR Deck - Dead After Storm

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:58:41 -0400

This unit was manufactured November 2004. If the customer brings this to
an authorized Toshiba shop will it be repaired under warranty or will
the shop know the SMPS (and whatever else) was damaged by a power surge
rendering the warranty null and void? Does it matter how the damage
occurred while under warranty? I know there is the obvious, i.e. peanut
butter sandwich inside. Does anyone have access to the above schematic,
if it's available please send it along. BTW SMPS is dead; I mean really
dead, there are no pulses at the gate of FET, nothing. I hate SMPS's, it
seems that's all I do lately.

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada