[TechAssist] Toshiba CF32G40, TAC 9705, what is S1854? Need SM

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 14:58:31 -0700

This set fell off a shelf while it was on and cracked the main board in
2 places.  Fortunately there was only 1 broken trace that I repaired.
Unfortunately the set comes on for a split second with HV and then shuts
down with the red LED blinking.  I checked all diodes and transistors
for shorts and found Q883, an S1854 that measures oddly.  Does anyone
know what this transistor is?  I did a google search that came up empty.
A copy of the SM would also be appreciated.  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx