[TechAssist] Toshiba CF32C50, very low audio

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:37:36 -0500

I am missing something here that is driving me crazy.

I originally thought it was the typical Sony sound module (SBX1637) bad.
I replaced that a little over three years ago, but put a new one in.  No
change.  It uses a TA8200AH audio output.  I have audio in and out both
channels and at the speakers, but only the slightest sound FROM the
speakers.  I subbed the speakers with no improvement.  The 470 ufd
coupling caps are good.  Tried a new TA8200.  No change.  Checked the
internal/external speakers switch.  There is audio present at the audio
out jacks.

The output stage seems to be working, because the signal is greater on
the output than the input.  The darn thing SHOULD work, but it doesn't!
I have 27v B+, 5V on the mute, and about 11V on each output pin.  No
print, but I think that is about normal.

If you have a scan of the output stage or the voltages on IC610
(LA7800AH), it would sure help.  Winstips lists QN14 and QA60 as possible
causes for no audio, but they check good and besides I do have audio
present at both inputs and outputs.

Had enough fun for today.

TIA,

Ken Smith