[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CF3266A TAC9170 remote funtions fail after 30 min of operation

  • From: "peter" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:11:26 -0500

Had some units in the past that had bad disc caps (.01) on data lines near
cpu  (older Tosh) I believe that the caps were to block a lot of transients
from hitting the ic and they would breakdown with either heat or humidity.
Something to check, use to change 4 or 5 at a time on some of these sets,
easy repair and if not cause of fault ,not a great expenditure and something
that eliminates a possible cause of problem     peter Kowalik
pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Keith's Stereo  Burl On