[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CF3064 (1994) sensitive to direction it faces!

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:37:34 -0800

Call John Edwards from Crossing Over!

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philip Bader
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 1:13 PM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Toshiba CF3064 (1994) sensitive to direction it
faces!

One for the books!
Another shop called me with this.I know them,it's no joke.
This Toshiba CF3064 was in for a routine repair recently.A few weeks
later the customer said it "cuts off unless I beat it on the side".
Actually,In the shop it played OK.The tech turned it about 30 degrees on
the cart and the sound cut out.He up/down channel selected and the
tunung "hunted" like AFC troubles.After hours of experimentation here's
the deal.
If the set if facing due north or south all is well.If facing N/E or N/W
for example these symptoms occur.
Go figure.
Any takers???
Phil Bader