[TechAssist] Toshiba CF2055A Vertical Sweep Problem

  • From: "James M. Osburn" <josbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:09:18 -0500

Hi Techs,
This set had been worked on by another "tech" who returned it unfixed to the
customer and suggested that she bring it to me. IC301 had been replaced with
an NTE1684 and the 3 caps near it had been replaced (C305 C306  C308). C305
was installed backwards. I removed and tested it and reinstalled it in the
correct position. I found an open resistor on the scan derived 24v line and
replaced it. I also found C301 near IC501 open and replaced it. C315 near
IC501 checked good. I installed a new NTE1684 for IC301.The set still has
insufficient sweep and the scan lines are all broken up. I don't have the
schematic for this set . Can someone tell me the microfarad and voltage
values for C305 C306 and C308 as well as the part number for IC301? Before I
go any further I need to see if the "tech"who replaced these before got the
right parts.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark@JMAV Repair
J.M. Audio Video Repair