[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 32A42 Severe pincusihion post lighting... Schematic

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:16:06 +0000

Thanks but, Unfortunately this appears to be an all Toshiba made chassis
(TAC0245, N2ES series).  Haven't had time to get back to this set today.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 32A42 Severe pincusihion post lighting...
Schematic?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:50:27 -0500

Peter
I found this in my notes, maybe will help you fix your set

27A43 (Orion) chassis M3N426
Horizontal size narrow and wavy interference in picture
Replace D603 15 volt Zener diode #AD300670/MTZJ15B
also repair circuit trace  anode D603 to IC601 pin 57 (chassis ground)
may need to adjust Hor Size in service menu
Service menu access hold volume down on tv and 9 on remote
select parameters with ch+- and adjust values with vol+-
power off to save and exit menu

When the zener shorts it opens the ground between these 2 parts D603 anode
to IC601 pin 57
The open ground causes the wavy type interference
but the shorted zener D603 causes the horizontal width to pull in about 3-4
inches each side

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc