[TechAssist] Toshiba 27A50 FIXED

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:41:14 -0600

 Toshiba 27A50 fixed

 First I want to thank Jeff Stielau and Eric Manuel for sending me print of
this set.

 Symptom: Customer said set lost pix during storm.

 Solution: Set was in scan loss as when I turned up G2, a line appeared
across screeen, checked B+ to vert op chip, was there ,IC was was cold so I
replaced chip, no good, checked for drive input, not there so I went tjungle
IC no output, so I replaced IC, no good, I had no vert ramp, no vert op from
jungle, I subbed a plethora of  caps,still no def. what sidetracked me was
that I checked for def B+. but failed to notice that there is a 5VOLT source
at pin 51 of jungle, it was .7v, D316(5.6v zener) was shorted,
Q361(2sc4721)was leaky, replacing these restored normal operation,hth.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair11@xxxxxxx