[TechAssist] Re: Tosh TZ50V51- no input selection

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:49:34 -0400

This set has a self diagnostic function that is really handy in situations
like this. Here is how to use it:

1) Press the MUTE button on the remote control
2) Press the MUTE button again and hold it down.
3) While holding the MUTE button down, press the MENU button on the TV, and
then release the MUTE button.
4) An "S" will appear on the TV screen
5) Press MENU on the TV again.
6) Adjustment Item and Value Data will now be on the screen.
7) Press "9" on the remote.
8) The set will begin it's diagnostic function.

With the problem you are having, under BUS CONT, it should normally be OK,
but will probably show QV01 NG, meaning that there is a problem with the
video switch IC, QV01. That is a fairly common problem on many Toshiba sets.
I try to keep at least one IC in stock. Lightning loves those things.
QV01 = TA8851CN or Toshiba # B0384761

Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics
12169 SC Hwy 121