[TechAssist] Re: Thomson TEC ( LG/Zenith)

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:49:26 -0500

LG (Goldstar) bought 51% of Zenith in 1995. Zenith continued to struggle,
and LG bought the remaining 49% in November 1998. Zenith is now a
subsidiary of LG. They operate as a research, development, and engineering
arm of LG.

I agree with Keith. Zenith's newer sets are some of the best out there now.
I sell HD sets, and Zenith's 34" widescreen with an integrated HD tuner is
the best looking 34" I have ever sold. Hands down. I have only had one
failure in these sets: a bad flyback. I can honestly say that I of sets
made in the last 4 - 5 years, Zenith needs fewer repairs, at least around
here. The build quality is superb. Very well made circuit boards. Unlike
some of the newer Philips and RCA sets, the boards won't break if you thump
the set.

LG also took over the parts and tech support center in Alabama. However, I
must say they are the easiest to order parts for of any of the
manufacturers i do warranty work for. No shipping charges on orders over
$10! Actually, they require a $10 minimum, so No Shipping Charges! And
2-Day shipping on everything but CRTs.

Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics
12169 SC Hwy 121