[TechAssist] Re: Thomson News relating to the new CTC211 model D52130

  • From: "Lawrence Tucker II" <kc4iai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:53:16 +0000

///  The APC or similar will work with transformerless units. If there is
any power transformer in this particular unit that steps down line to below
25 Volts, for instance, the APC unit may, repeat may, not work.

APC and others are designed to work with SMPS.

I regularly have my APC miss on power off. The computer drops out anyway.