[TechAssist] The SanFrancisco MIME Troupe (a virus)

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tech Assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:33:58 -0800 (PST)

Well, so much for not opening attachments to remain
virus free.
My grandson is playing a mime in a Christmas play.
He's 12.
His mother ask me to look up Mime on the internet,
to learn about this type of performer.
I did a google search and clicked on a likely site.
BAM!!!, Norton reported a virus.
I could not get rid of it however.
I had to restart my 'puter improperly, and go to
Norton first thing.
I ran a scan, and Norton found and fixed it.
It was W32.NIMD.A.@MM[HTML]
It is not a trojan.
I went to that web page this morning at work, and
my desk top here caught it also.
The results were the same.
All I can say is, Everyone buy the best AV program
available, and up date it daly.
Even then, we're not completely safe.

=====
Walter Wood