[TechAssist] Re: That tops it?

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:22:04 -0500

Makes me think of the good old days in Georgia and the army.
We always got a kick out of watching the new guy chase cockroaches around
the barracks with his shower shoe in hand. They usually got tired out before
taps.

We used to have farms around here years ago and the farmers always kept a
radio in the barn for the cows. Always covered in fly shit and whatever
else. But the worst came from some homes. Kerosene space heaters and cigar
smoke make a powerful combination. Also incontinent old ladies with 50 to
100 cats. The boys on the truck would bring the TV in, leave it in the
cellar for a few days and go down several times a day and spray with
disinfectant/deodorant before we brought it up to the shop. Barroom TVs were
slick with smoke residue too. There were several houses that nobody wanted
to go to.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH