[TechAssist] Re: That tops it?

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:00:19 -0500

Wow - and I thought there was no item I would refuse to work on , until now.

Funny Story From when I worked at Tandy Service Center.....
People From the Big City Would Send Cockroach Infested VCR's in for Service.
One Was VCR So bad, the Shipping Guys Sprayed Bug Killer on it. It seemed
ok, and they distributed it to the Tech, which happened to be me of course.
(the manager really liked me)

I sprayed it with lysol to get rid of the Bug Killer Smell, and Had to wipe
it all down with Fantastick before I even opened it up.

As I was Working on it, I noticed one of them had previously Comitted
Suicide in between the Idler Gears, and was Crushed. Another provided the
least resistance to ground , Somewhere after the Fuse line, and blew
it...and was sorta frozen there. This Sticky junk they excreeted was
everywhere, and was holding them all in place. Probably it was conductive
too....so I had to deflux the PCB's too. Not an enjoyable task.

Once I cleaned all this out, and replaced the Fuse, it was good to go. I had
to make sure I didnt carry any home with me, because Actually while I was
doing all this,  there Was a Live One who made it out of there, who I nailed
with the Spray Can of Contact cleaner on a DX Shot as he was trying to make
it off the bench. That long Red Tube helped alot - heh.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)