[TechAssist] Re: That bad word suriv

  • From: "Edward Gaidies" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:50:33 -0400

I was confused too..I cleared everything out. Cleaned out my quarantine
folder. Norton kept coming back and telling me it was still on my system.
It's a bad one...especially when you are networking a couple of computers.
Have to decide whether you are the host of the virus, or if it was sent by
another computer on your network. Two very important things are when you do
the repair, turn off your Restore function and disconnect from all other
computers on the network.
    And again....do regular updates of your Norton or likes.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Midland, Ontario
Canada.